Structural Engineer/Project Manager
Structural Engineer – Technical Assurance Inc., a national building envelope consulting group, is seeking qualified individuals to join our team. Technical Assurance performs building enclosure consulting and design for assignments of varied size, scope and geographical location. As a national professional firm, we have successfully delivered program solutions across all 50 U.S. states. Qualified candidates must be experienced in commercial design, analysis and detailing of structural systems, able to manage multiple projects, have client relation skills, possess strong computer skills and be willing to travel. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Mid-Level Structural Engineer: Experienced Project Manager with several years of forensic engineering experience, remediation and restoration detail design experience and project management experience.
Structural Engineer Consulting Responsibilities
- Facilitate Building Envelope Commissioning (BECx) services on new construction projects
- Building and structure investigation
- Participate on building enclosure projects that include the assessment, field testing and quality observation of various exterior building systems.
- Perform field investigations, including moisture intrusion, non-destructive testing and building enclosure testing.
- Make specific recommendations based on inspection/assessment
- Ensure that assessment reports, proposals, inspection reports and information required to serve the client are properly prepared and reported in accordance with company administrative policies
- Exterior building systems restoration and renovation
- Respond to all technical and guarantee questions accurately and in a timely fashion
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Commercial building envelope experience required
- Inspect assets with a focus on what is needed to preserve and extend the lifecycle
- Assess the condition including active leak issues, overall condition and deterioration
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE), with the ability to become registered in the state of OH
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in structural engineering or similar
- 5-10 years of experience in restoration and/or building science
- Building envelope experience – vertical restoration and structural remediation, and forensic engineering experience
- Building and structure assessment experience
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules.
- Knowledge of all common building enclosure systems
- Technically competent with field data collection tools
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to travel
- Team player with good communication skills