Building Envelope Site Manager/Field Technician
Building Envelope Site Manager (Field Technician) – Technical Assurance Inc., a national building envelope engineering and consulting firm, is seeking qualified individuals to join our team. Technical Assurance performs building enclosure consulting, engineering and design for assignments of varied size, scope and geographical location. As a national professional firm, we have successfully delivered program solutions across all 50 U.S. states. Qualified candidates must be experienced in commercial building envelope design, analysis and detailing of the existing building systems, able to manage multiple projects, have client relation skills, possess strong computer skills and be willing to travel. Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply.
Experienced Project Manager with several years of forensic engineering experience, remediation and restoration detail design experience and project management experience.
Building Envelope Responsibilities
- Participate on building enclosure projects that include the assessment, field testing and quality observation of façade, roofing and waterproofing systems.
- Assessment experience with:
- PCC (pointing, caulking and cleaning) on exterior facades
- Brickwork as well as concrete patching, forming and pouring
- Urethane or silicone and/or bulk caulk experience
- Re-pointing mortar joints
- Façade waterproofing
- Establishing a condition index based upon deterioration and defects
- Concrete restoration
- Below grade waterproofing
- Perform field investigations, including moisture intrusion, non-destructive testing and fenestration/façade testing.
- Make specific recommendations based on inspection/assessment
- Ensure that assessment reports, proposals, inspection reports and information required to serve the client are properly prepared and reported in accordance with company administrative policies
- Respond to all technical questions accurately and in a timely fashion
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Commercial roof experience a plus
- 5+ years functional experience in vertical wall/façade, including inspections.
- Knowledge of all common vertical wall/façade systems
- Ability to estimate condition index and remaining service life of all common vertical wall/facade systems
- Technically competent with field data collection tools
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to travel
- Team player with good communication skills