Structural Engineer/Project Manager
Structural Engineer/Project Manager- Technical Assurance Inc. is seeking qualified individuals to join our team. Qualified candidates must be experienced in commercial design, analysis and detailing of structural systems, able to manage multiple projects, have client relation skills, possess strong computer skills and be willing to travel. Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply.
Structural Engineer/Project Manager Responsibilities
- Building restoration and renovation
- Concrete restoration – parking garage structures, plaza decks etc.
- Building envelope experience – vertical façade restoration, vertical wall structural remediation and forensic engineering experience
- Facilitate Building Envelope Commissioning (BECx)
- Building and structure investigation
- Participate on building enclosure projects that include the assessment, field testing and quality observation of façade, roofing and waterproofing systems.
- Building and structure assessment experience
- Perform field investigations, including moisture intrusion, non-destructive testing and fenestration/façade testing.
- Make specific recommendations based on inspection/assessment
- Ensure that assessment reports, proposals, inspection reports and information required to serve the client are properly prepared and reported in accordance with company administrative policies
- Respond to all technical and guarantee questions accurately and in a timely fashion
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Commercial roof experience a plus – Inspect roof assets with a focus on what is needed to preserve and extend roof life cycle; Assess roof condition including active leak issues, overall condition and deterioration; Ability to inspect structural roof decks, calculate live and dead loads required.
Structural Engineer/Project Manager Requirements
- Registration as a Professional Engineer, or the ability to become registered in the state of OH
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in structural engineering or similar
- 10+ years of experience in restoration and/or building science
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and project schedules.
- Knowledge of all common vertical wall/façade systems
- Technically competent with field data collection tools
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to travel
- Team player with good communication skills
Structural Engineer/Project Manager Positions Available
- Entry Level Engineer: Junior Project Manager Level Engineer who wants to learn the building envelope niche expertise industry.
- Mid-Level Engineer: Experience Project Manager, with several years of forensic engineering experience, remediation and restoration detail design experience, and construction project management experience.
- Senior Level Engineer: Company’s Responsible Engineer position. Tremendous experience in the structural engineering and forensic engineering fields. Capable of managing multiple projects and Company Staff.