The Program Manager is primarily responsible for managing the Program in its entirety and developing new business within the Program. This role will also be responsible for maintaining relationships with the client and the national “field personnel” implementation team. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply.
Must be a United States Citizen and able to show proof of citizenship (Permissible under Title VII bona fide occupational qualification).
Program Manager Responsibilities:
- The Program Manager position will require a comprehensive knowledge of the day-to-day execution of the Program including managing, coordinating and supervising to ensure the work is completed on time and being compliant with the schedule, safety, cost and quality decisions.
- Manage multiple projects within the Program concurrently. Develop work breakdown structure, timelines, budgets and resource plans for the Program. Track and report status of Program.
- Responsible for Program documentation and communication. Evaluates Program effectiveness by collecting and analyzing data in support of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) as well as Program objectives. Promotes the Program throughout the organization and tracks staff utilization and efficiency. The Program Manager is responsible to Corporate Leadership for the reporting of Program metrics and Program success overall.
- Interact with senior government and/or executive level clients on significant Program matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Must have ability to maintain and grow client relationships.
- Resolve Program related issues quickly and effectively to keep work progress on track.
- Manage inter-departmental cross functional teams to ensure Program execution and success of the Program.
- Provides leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to those working on all parts of the Program.
- Provides assistance and guidance to all team members assigned to the Program in order to resolve issues.
- Supervises the work of Program staff to ensure the work is completed on time and in accordance with established standards or specifications. The Program team is inclusive of national field staff, administrative personnel, data entry and design teams. Candidate must have a proven track record for managing multiple staff members across a large geographic area. Having the ability to lead, listen and support field staff is critical.
- Assume financial responsibility for the Program including proposal pricing, invoicing and the overall financial health and management of budgeted funds.
- Ensure safety compliance, internal and external qualifications, coordination of necessary work to obtain permits and work to ensure the Program meets the required safety protocol of the client.
- Primarily responsible for identifying Program risks and taking preventative action as necessary.
- Ensure that activities are in compliance with organization policies and any relevant external regulations
- Adapt to change in Program scope and timelines based on changing business environment and strategic direction by Corporate Leadership.
- Escalate Program issues where necessary and appropriate.
Program Manager Skills Required
- This is an Executive level position. The Program Manager must have past program management experience and a proven track record for managing field personnel. Executive must be an excellent communicator and have ability to understand, manage and create Program Metrics that provide overall program accountability and management results.
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills working with the Program team including the client, subcontractors, administrative staff, field and design teams
- 15+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of experience and education managing multiple high-profile commercial or government Programs ranging from $10 to $50 million in value
- PMP Certification is a plus.
- Must be adept at managing complex field staff routing schedules.
- Federal Markets/Gov’t experience preferred
- Building Enclosure experience is a plus
- Engineering experience preferred
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated advanced analytical skills
- Demonstrate the ability to build relationships and trust quickly to get buy-in from stakeholders and corporate executives
- Implement and influence change in a fast-paced organization with competing priorities
- Proficient with drawings and specification review and implementation
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines
- Team player who possesses a positive attitude, good work ethic and integrity always; must be a cultural fit
- Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluation and resolve)