Building Enclosure Commissioning (BECx)
Technical Assurance’s full-service Building Enclosure Commissioning (BECx) Group specializes in providing data-driven, quality improvement suggestions to new construction building design and performs functional testing during construction.
Building Enclosures directly affect the longevity and energy efficiency of a building. With a systematic approach to quality assurance, our commissioning process improves the performance, safety and efficiency of a building and ensures that a project meets specific quality requirements outlined by the owner. Our Commissioning Group also performs existing Building Enclosure Retro-Commissioning services to improve existing building exfiltration and infiltration energy loss, poor indoor air quality and water/moisture leakage problems.
BECx Focus Areas
- Rain Penetration & Moisture Control
- Air Leakage
- Security of Hardened Structure
Benefits of BECx
- Improve building operation & maintenance
- Lowered operation costs
- Improved system & equipment performance
- Increased occupant & owner satisfaction
- Enhanced occupant health & comfort
- Enhanced building life cycle
- Reduced risk to the design team & owner
- Design Review
- Construction Observations
- Performance Testing
- Project Close-Out
- ASHRAE/NIBS Guideline 3-2006
- ASTM E2813-12 Standard Practice for Building Enclosure Commissioning
Request a Consultation
Interested in learning more about your upcoming project? Let’s set up a consultation so we can get to know you and your facilities.