Junior GIS Analyst
Junior GIS Analyst
Location: Willoughby, Ohio
The Junior GIS Analyst (JGA) is responsible for helping ensure the quality and accuracy of GIS data used for reporting, analytics, customer communication and sales lead generation. The JGA is also responsible for the implementation, operation, and maintenance of Technical Assurance’s GIS assets utilizing ESRI and GeoCortex software, as well as overseeing map production and the flow of data between disparate systems and prescribing processes to ensure data quality. The JGA must have a decent understanding of GIS and the need for data quality and accuracy and how to apply GIS databases, GIS software, data quality tools and techniques.
It is required that the JGA position work in the Headquarters office, which is located in the Greater Cleveland, OH area. Qualified candidates must be located within driving distance of the office. Relocation will not be provided.” Qualified candidates can apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be an United States Citizen and able to show proof of citizenship (Permissible under Title VII bona fide occupational qualification).
- 2 – 4+ years’ experience in Business Intelligence/Data Management field
- Knowledge and experience on the ESRI GIS platform
- Experience with ArcMap
- Relational Database Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Math or related quantitative field
- Understanding of data mining / knowledge discovery practices
- Understanding of Data Warehouse/Central Data Store organizational and structural best practices
- Strong mathematic, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Basic SQL skills
- Ability to effectively interact with and communicate with data users, managers and other stakeholders
- Aptitude for process improvement and total quality management including designing processes for improvement of data transfer from system to system
- Understanding of data quality implications & potential impacts
- Ability to detect database errors
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS for Portal
- GeoCortex Essentials
- Experience with CAD and reading CAD files
- Familiarity of Agile methodologies
- Experience with the commercial roofing industry
- Resolve data quality problems by identifying, assessing, fixing, documenting and communicating potential quality issues in the way data is collected, stored, processed or used. This may involve interacting with business users to resolve data quality problems. Fixing the data problem may require the JGA to recommend, design, implement and monitor quality procedures for use in the data production process.
- Provide quality assurance and oversight of data flows and stores by reviewing quality of data loads, transformations, extractions, merges or other production jobs.
- Provide data quality advisory services to the organization by participating in cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for the analysis, data profiling, development and integration of disparate systems throughout all phases of the project life cycle.
- Define and maintain data standards, definitions and models (e.g. data dictionary, organizational data model. This may also include any JGA documents such as checklists, guidelines, manuals, templates, forms, etc.).
- Maintain data integrity and ongoing quality control of delivered reports through testing and validation to ensure they function per the requirements specified.
- Design processes to manage the flow and capture of data into and out of various disparate systems including the flow of data to and from external providers, and assist in ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing and other ETL related activities.
- Participate in the design of new or changing mappings and workflows and produce technical specifications.
- As needed, act as a back-up resource for the development of SSRS Reports and generate customer lists to support sales and marketing efforts.