Junior Construction Manager
Junior Construction Manager (JCM)- Technical Assurance Inc., a Cleveland-based national building envelope consulting group, is seeking qualified individuals to join our team. Technical Assurance manages building enclosure consulting and design for assignments of any size or scope. As a multi?state professional firm, we have successfully delivered program solutions across all 50 states. Qualified candidates must possess Construction Management experience, client relation skills, computer skills and be willing to travel. Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply.
Location: Knoxville, TN
Must be a United States citizen and able to show proof of citizenship (permissible under Title VII bona fide occupational qualification).
Junior Construction Manager Responsibilities:
- The JCM position will assist the Construction Manager with a comprehensive knowledge of the day- to-day execution of assigned project(s).
- Assist in reviewing project drawings and specifications to gain a full understanding of project scope, client goals and expectations and resource requirements for each phase of the project
- The JCM will manage all document control of submittals, change orders, correspondence, and drawings and their impact on the construction schedule
- Manage client interaction and promote positive relationships
- Assist the Construction Manager to resolve project related issues quickly and effectively to keep work progress on track
- Assist in the evaluation of subcontractor invoices against actual work
- Prepare progress and status reports for management and clients
Junior Construction Manager Skills Required
- Self-motived with excellent communication skills working with the project team including the client, construction manager, subcontractors, administrative staff and design team
- 2+ years of related experience or equivalent education in construction management
- Experience in commercial roofing a plus
- Proficient with drawings and specification review and implementation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar scheduling software
- Travel may be required
- Multitask and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines
- Team player who possesses a positive attitude and good work ethic
- Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluation and resolve)
- Willing to learn and grow within the company
This position may require you to undergo a Federal Government security clearance process for work in classified or highly restricted areas. This process carries with it mandatory drug screening and substantial background check.