Human Resources Specialist
Human Resources Specialist (concentration relative to Recruiting and Retention)
Technical Assurance Inc., a national building envelope consulting group, is seeking qualified individuals to join our team. We were recently named one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. Part of Technical Assurance’s success is our team’s “uncommon vision” which serves to bring simple solutions to complex problems, and our ability to “embrace growth.” These are two of our Core Values, which empowers each of our employees to take ownership of their responsibilities and provides opportunities for professional development and advancement within our Company.
Technical Assurance is in search of a Human Resources Specialist (with a concentration relative to Recruiting and Retention) (HRS) to join our dynamic group. The HRS position coordinates all aspects of the Company’s Recruiting and Retention activities. The position has primary responsibility for all recruiting efforts for the company. Developing and maintaining a progressive recruiting brand utilizing all potential avenues is expected. Also, the position carries the responsibility for coordinating two key areas of employee retention, training administration and performance evaluation. The position reports to the President of the Company and works closely with the General Manager and all other company managers and personnel. The HRS will also participate with other HR related activities including, benefits administration, on-boarding, employee relations, data/record management and administering various HR initiatives and programs. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who is passionate about human resources and able to work both independently and collaboratively, while also prioritizing a diverse workload.
Recruiting – Maintain a continuous recruiting model in order to always find the best talent for the company.
- In conjunction with Company Leadership, develop and implement a staffing plan with forecast.
- In concert with the Knowledge Manager, develop a company recruiting brand; modelled after company branding success in marketing.
- Job Postings (internal, website, academia, traditional media, social media, referral, staffing firms, etc.)
- Develop and maintain an online recruiting presence. Using a diverse mix of recruiting tools and websites.
- Develop and maintain an applicant tracking system. To ensure an adequate pipeline of candidates and “Virtual bench” to fuel company growth.
- Pre-screening of potential candidates prior to Supervisor/Leadership interview.
- Facilitate and customize interviewing process for each opening.
- Conduct all required new hire processing and orientation.
Training – Administer all aspects of company training efforts
- Work with each functional director to build and maintain a company training catalogue specific to each function or business element.
- Continually seek out new training content and methods to make available to employees.
- Maintain status of training/credentialing requirements and/or continuing education plan for each employee.
Employee Onboarding – Establish and maintain an active new employee onboarding system
- Manage the onboarding program for the Company. It is expected that each new hire receives all of the proper training to ensure success in their new career.
- Work with Leadership to build job descriptions and training programs.
- Generate job offer letters and start dates.
- Upon acceptance of job offer letter; run background screenings on all new-hires.
- Review Company Policies and Procedures with all new hires.
- Review Company history and organizational structure with all new hires.
- Review new hire’s key roles and responsibilities.
- Assist with the “100 Day Plan” development for all new hires and monitor/check-in to completion.
- Address new-hire concerns as required.
- Ensure that each Company function is ready for the new-hire:
- Send out company-wide email introducing new hire
- Ensure that PC, email and phone are available and ready for new hire upon start date. (as required)
- Setup email signature and voicemail messages (if required)
- Order business cards and supplies (if required)
Performance Evaluations and Compensation Reviews – Facilitate annual performance evaluations and reviews for all employees.
- Establish and maintain a semi-annual schedule for performance evaluations; assist Company Leadership with implementation
- Hold all employee and company information confidential.
Any other special projects or assignments requested by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of HR administration
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Familiarity with various health insurance plans
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in using a variety of computer software applications, specifically Excel and Microsoft Word.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials,
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five (5) years proven experience as an HR Generalist with a concentration in recruiting and retention preferred
- Skilled in MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Word)
- High degree of discretion and judgment in confidential matters and information
- Ability to communicate the Technical Assurance culture and support an engaged work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Resources-related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above