The CAD Technician is responsible for the daily design document preparation of commercial, retail, municipal, and various other building envelope (roofing and façade) design projects. The underlying focus of the CAD Technician should be providing the most comprehensive and accurate construction documents feasible in the time allocated.
Must be a United States Citizen and able to show proof of citizenship (Permissible under Title VII bona fide occupational qualification).
Location: Willoughby, OH
The CAD Technician is expected to operate as part of a team. They are directly accountable to CAD Manager. The CAD Technician is required to maintain strong team relationships by working closely with the Project Manager/ Consultant during the design document preparation phase of the project.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- CAD Manager
- Senior Consultant
- Region Manager
- Other CAD Technicians
- Admin Staff
- Project Managers
The specific responsibilities of the CAD Technician include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform the preparation of building envelope construction documents in keeping with the firm’s design philosophy. That philosophy is to provide the client not only what is necessary from a permitting standpoint, but also to provide the client with a set of documents which will allow the successful bidder to construct the project efficiently and with minimal changes in scope of work.
- The creation and clear organization of all electronic files and external correspondences (.DWG, .PDF, TIF, etc.) on the Network server.
- Integration and detailed understanding of multiple key factors should be considered during the course of design.
The following is brief list of some of the key factors:
- United States National CAD Standard
- Technical Assurance drafting standard
- Clarity and accuracy of document
- Sound engineering practice
- Municipal regulations and requirements
- Client dictated design criteria
- Sustainability Standards
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in CAD Technologies, AutoCAD Certification is a Plus.
Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience using AutoCAD in the Architectural and Engineering environment and a good background knowledge of all general drafting practices relative to the different disciplines, ie.; Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural, Civil Site Development. Any 3D Modeling, GIS and roofing/facade drafting will be a PLUS.
The applicant should have exceptional communication skills, exhibit great attention to detail, be capable of handling multiple projects and be a team player.
Documentation skills, verbal communication, internal communications, dependability, professionalism, client relationships and the ability to meet deadlines.
Experience in the building envelope design field is desired as applicable experience will be considered when determining compensation and level of responsibility.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org