Building Envelope Field Technician
Building Envelope Field Technician – Qualified candidates must possess knowledge of vertical wall/facade systems, client relation skills, basic computer skills and be willing to travel. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Building Envelope Responsibilities
- Participate on building enclosure projects that include the assessment, field testing and quality observation of façade, roofing and waterproofing systems.
Assessment experience with:
- PCC (pointing, caulking and cleaning) on exterior facades
- Brickwork as well as concrete patching, forming and pouring
- Urethane or silicone and/or bulk caulk experience
- Re-pointing mortar joints
- Façade waterproofing
- Establishing a condition index based upon deterioration and defects
Perform field investigations, including moisture intrusion, non-destructive testing and fenestration/façade testing.
Make specific recommendations based on inspection/assessment
Ensure that assessment reports, proposals, inspection reports and information required to serve the client are properly prepared and reported in accordance with company administrative policies
Respond to all technical and guarantee questions accurately and in a timely fashion
Perform other duties as assigned
Commercial roof experience a plus
- Inspect roof assets with a focus on what is needed to preserve and extend roof life-cycle
- Assess roof condition including active leak issues, overall condition and deterioration
- 5+ years functional experience in vertical wall/façade, including inspections. Commercial roofing a plus.
- Knowledge of all common vertical wall/façade systems
- Ability to estimate condition index and remaining service life of all common vertical wall/facade systems
- Technically competent with field data collection tools
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to travel
- Team player with good communication skills