Building Envelope Consultant
Building Envelope Consultant – Technical Assurance Inc., a national building envelope consulting group, is seeking qualified individuals to join our team. Technical Assurance performs building enclosure consulting and design for assignments of varied size, scope and geographical location. As a national professional firm, we have successfully delivered program solutions across all 50 U.S. states. Qualified candidates must be experienced in commercial design, analysis and detailing of structural systems, able to manage multiple projects, have client relation skills, possess strong computer skills and be willing to travel. Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply.
Mid-Level Consultant: Experienced Project Manager, with several years of forensic engineering experience, remediation and restoration detail design experience and construction project management experience.
- Facilitate Building Envelope Commissioning (BECx) services on new construction projects
- Building and structure investigation
- Participate on building enclosure projects that include the assessment, field testing and quality observation of façade, roofing and waterproofing systems.
- Perform field investigations, including moisture intrusion, non-destructive testing and fenestration/façade testing.
- Make specific recommendations based on inspection/assessment
- Ensure that assessment reports, proposals, inspection reports and information required to serve the client are properly prepared and reported in accordance with company administrative policies
- Building restoration and renovation
- Concrete restoration – parking garage structures, plaza decks etc.
- Respond to all technical and guarantee questions accurately and in a timely fashion
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Commercial building envelope experience required
- Inspect roof assets with a focus on what is needed to preserve and extend roof life cycle
- Assess roof condition including active leak issues, overall condition and deterioration
- Ability to inspect structural roof decks, calculate live and dead loads required.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE), Registered Architect (AIA) or Registered Building Envelope Consultant
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in structural engineering, architecture or similar
- 5-10 years of experience in restoration and/or building science
- Building envelope experience – vertical façade restoration, vertical wall structural remediation and forensic engineering experience
- Building and structure assessment experience
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and project schedules.
- Knowledge of all common vertical wall/façade systems
- Technically competent with field data collection tools
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to travel
- Team player with good communication skills