Accounts Payable/Accounting Associate
Technical Assurance, Inc., is filling a position within its accounting staff. We’re seeking an Accounts Payable/Accounting Associate with primary responsibility including all accounts payable functions, HR support & benefits administration, as well as new hire training to our headquarters located in Willoughby, Ohio. Qualified candidates may send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports To: Director of Accounting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Accounts Payable/Accounting Associate compiles, processes, maintains and reconciles assigned accounts payable records, while assisting with varying levels of HR and office administrative duties when presented by the Director of Accounting.
– Verify approvals of vouchers, expenditures and check requests as needed
– Coding of vouchers and expenditures between the multiple offices and project cost allocations
– Processing checks, along with reconciliation and maintenance of cash account records
– Processing all staff credit card expenditure review, sorting and entry each month
– Maintenance of vendor database records, 1099 record keeping and correspondence
– Communicate updates for the depreciation schedule with details of fixed asset purchases
– Assist with annual audit and account review processes, both internal and external
– Flexibility to process and follow-up on occasional rushed requests when needed
– Coordinate and communicate requested changes for payroll elections and benefits adjustments
– Process PTO requests, monitoring and annual audits
– Assistance with and coordination of new employee on-boarding tasks
– Special projects and assignments as requested
– Problem solving & analysis skills
– Meticulous attention to detail, repetitive accuracy is imperative
– Flexibility & teachability
– Confidentiality with sensitive data in a discreet and professional manner
– High team centered & customer focus
– Ability to effectively multi-task, meeting deadlines and the ability to prioritize
This position has no supervisory responsibilities currently aside from coordinating with our administrative team to facilitate their assistance in credit card review and sorting.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt salary position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9-5:30pm, with a level of flexibility available once established.
Required Education and/or Experience
– High school diploma
– 4-year degree in accounting
– 4+ years of experience in general corporate bookkeeping or within an accounts payable dept.
– Extensive experience using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL or Concur platform(s) is not required, but considered a plus
Work Authorization or Security Clearance
Prior to hire a criminal background check will be required.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee filling this position. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time or without notice as necessary.